Etiquettes in Call @ work
- Always advised to take call from conference room/separate area, so it would save you from background disturbance and other distractions.
- In call, Punctuality matters; so we have to start join call at least 5 minutes before. Always respect your and others time and also it would give you time to fix if any issue i.e. call-bridge failure, call-disturbance etc.
- In call, notify your presence at the time of joining. So attendees would know about you. If you join late, specify the reason and ask for the apology.
- Please make sure in starting of the call, that all members are properly audible to each other.
- Always greet attendees according to their time-zone. So it is recommend that you should know about attendees before the call.
- Always communicate promptly, if you are not able to listen properly other callers by any reason.
- Always keep your notebook/laptop handy to note down important points during the call.
- While attending Important call, be there only. Don’t distract yourself during call.
- In client call, your voice plays vital role. Your voice represents you solely. Other person knows and make his/her opinion about you; through your voice. So your voice should be clear and audible to others.
- Don’t make your voice too loud or low during call conversation. Always talk in calm mode, it would help you to communicate properly to others.
- In call, use MUTE button wisely. Do unmute before start speaking and mute once you finished.
- Don’t use words which have difficult pronunciations if possible. It would recommend that keep your statements short.